Donate Your Vehicle
TKF accepts vehicle donations from cars and boats to bikes. Your vehicle does NOT have to be running to be accepted. Below you will find information on the process of donating your vehicle as well as a link where you can submit your form to donate. 100% of the proceeds from your donation go to supporting outreach and educational programs in Texas. THANK YOU!
- When you click the “donate” button you’ll be asked to provide your vehicle’s year, make, model and the location of the vehicle. The vehicle does not have to be running, but you will need to describe the condition of the vehicle and disclose any structural damage.
- After completing the donation wizard, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail after you select the “Submit Now” button.
- You will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours to coordinate pick-up arrangements.
- You will receive a tax receipt within 45 days after your vehicle is picked up.
- Do I leave the license plates on the vehicle? If your car is in Texas, state law requires the license plates remain on the vehicle unless they’re personalized.
- Where will my vehicle go? Most vehicles are sold at live auctions which are open only to licensed dealers, recyclers, and exporters from around the world. The competitive market generates the greatest return while ensuring your vehicle is sold in an efficient and legally compliant way.
- What can I claim as a deduction? According to IRS law, you can deduct the fair market value of your vehicle up to $500, or the actual selling price only if you itemize deductions when filing your taxes. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, IRS law requires that your donation be reported to them using your tax identification number. If that happens, you will be contacted to request the additional information needed. For more information, visit the IRS website.